Monday, October 18, 2010

Shelf Cozy




This shelf cozy is at the Comox library, hugging the fibre arts section.  I thought about superglue, but settled on magnetic strips cut from business card magnets stuck to the back of it.  It looks a bit forlorn, but has a lovely sheen.





I'm making a project for my house - a yarn cozy that will be mounted to my wall.  I got the idea from a website, but don't want to give away the surprise. 

The guys at Slegg Lumber were incredibly helpful, risking finger amputation to cut an 8 foot sonotube down into 8" sections for me.  And that was 15 minutes before closing!  Those guys made my day.

A light sanding with a fine sandpaper smoothed the edges, and a few coats of paint will hide the fact that it's sonotube.   More to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I love that shelf cozy-good idea not to use super glue!! Even tho it hardly ever sticks for me-it probably would have there!! Need to hit Sallyann as I forgot my yarn& we know Calgary needs "cozied"!!

    ReplyDelete